Old Dutch Church
Consigliato da 9 persone del luogo ·
Consigli della gente del posto
Officially known as the First Reformed Protestant Dutch Church of Kingston was Formally organized in 1659. One of the oldest continuously existing congregations in the country. Its current building, the fifth, is an 1852 structure by Minard Lafever that was designated a National Historic Landmark in…
Constructed in 1852, it contains a huge Tiffany window and the Heritage Museum with artifact dating back to 1660.
Built in 1852 and located in the core of Kingston's Stockade district, the Old Dutch Church is the fourth building to serve a congregation that has existed since 1659. In winter, it hosts the Kingston Farmers Market every second Saturday.
Often referred to as "The Cathedral of Kingston," the Old Dutch Church was a part of the Dutch Colonial village of Wiltwyck which was a trading outpost in the colony of New Netherland. The original church structure, built on the present site in 1660, actually was one corner of the Stockade which…