Chiesa cattolica della Missione di San Francisco De La Espada
Consigliato da 9 persone del luogo,
Consigli della gente del posto
Another beautiful mission, dating back to 1690. The church was completed in 1756.
This was the first mission in Texas, founded in 1690 as San Francisco de los Tejas near present-day Weches, Texas. In 1731, the mission was transferred to the San Antonio River area and renamed Mission San Francisco de la Espada. A friary was built in 1745, and the church was completed in 1756.