Traditional Comporta fishermen's thatched cabana, with leisure area and farmer's tank converted to a small pool.
5 mins by car to Comporta main village and beach (30 mins by bike). 1hr15 min from Lisbon airport.
In the heart of Carrasqueira fishermen's village (1 of the 4 districts of the Comporta estate).
Nature trails, palafite port, restaurants & groceries within steps of this property.
10 minutes walking to secluded river estuary beaches (mid to high tide only, ideal for children).
Here you will stay in the heart of one of the 4 villages of the comporta estate, Carrasqueira.
Carrrasqueira is a truly authentic fishermen's village and Casa do Colmo is right in the heart of it. Although you will need a car to get there, the big advantage of this is that you can actually walk to restaurants, market and beaches, without needing to use the car for everything you want to do (which happens in a lot of houses in Comporta).
This house belonged to a family of fishermen. We, the owners, are also locals and grew up nearby. We have kept and respected most of the houses original architecture for you to get a feeling of a traditional house (small rooms, small doors, hand finished lime walls, thatch roof) with few of the necessary adaptations to modern life (fully equipped kitchen, wifi, tv).
This village all houses are with average 1m/1.50 m fences (they don't have big high fenced walls) the village is very safe, and it's part of the concept to interact with the local fishermen community.
-10 min walking distance to multiple river wild estuary beaches, great for swimming, hiking, bird watching & fishing (mid to high tide only, see estuary beach disclaimer at the end of this text).
- The house has one small bedroom with a double bed. The bed measures 1,85m*1,35m.
-Pets are allowed only upon request and disclosure of what type of pet it is. We charge an extra cleaning fee of 25 EUR when bringing pets.
- We allow extra guests, we charge 25 EUR extra per stay for each extra bed and sheets.
- We allow babies/toddlers , we charge extra 25 EUR per stay for the assembly of the crib, baby bedding and baby high chair.
- The small pool was old farmer's tank that was adapted to a pool. It measures 3x4 metres and 1,30 metres deep (10x13 feet, 4.5ft deep).
- In the kitchen there is a fridge, electrical stove, electrical oven, coffee machine (ground coffee beans), kettle, small dishwasher, and all necessary cooking equipment (pots, pans, plates cutlery etc.).
- Washer available, please request at least one day in advance.
- Permanent moskito netting on windows (great to leave windows open on the evening /while sleeping to cool down the house.
- Multiple fans for cooling and electric heater in the wintertime.
ESTUARY BEACH DISCLAIMER:
For adventurous guests only! These beaches are a hit or miss-some people love them, some people don't. If you like clean sand beaches with amenities this is not for you - Estuary beaches are part of the Sado nature reserve, they are wild beaches, depending on season some of them are a mix of sand and mud sediment. As mentioned above, we love them, swim in them and are great if you love hiking and like exploring you will love them too. Some are used by fishermen and may have some fishing debris, if you don't like the beach you are on try the next one until you find your spot. The famous Comporta beach in only 5 mins by car, so its also a good option
The house is located in typical village of Carrasqueira, one of the 4 original districts of the Comporta estate. Carrasqueira is famous for having the largest stilts port in Europe, and ancient stucture that dates for centuries ( 10 mins walking from the house).
Comporta is one of the most untouched places in Europe, and the local community was isolated from the rest of the world until very late (our village onlygot full electricity on the 80s). It is even today a community mostly comprised of fishermen and farmers. It is an amazing place to get away from everything. Do rent a car because you will need it to explore other places. Enjoy meeting the locals and local foods. But if you are looking for a place with a city feel, this might not the place for you.
Known for its beautiful white sand beaches, that stretch for 40 km. It is 1 hour away from Lisbon, Portugal's capital.
Tipo di stanza
Tipo di sistemazione
Camere da letto
Comporta, Setubal, Portogallo